Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend just hanging close to home.  As much as I love busy weekends with friends and family, there's really nothing like a low-key weekend with the ones I love most, especially when they are long weekends!  Saturday we decided to hit the Zoo and check out the new polar bears.

Photo from here

The exhibit is awesome.  You really get to see the bears this close!  While we were watching, one of the bears was pacing back and forth on the deck and then decided to go for a swim.  She took off running and jumped into the water right in front of us.  It was really cool!  I wanted to get some pictures, but it was really crowded and Carys likes to be moving when she's in the stroller, so we skipped it.  It was super hot that day, so we decided to hit the aquarium next since it's air-conditioned! This is still Carys's favorite part of the zoo, she loves putting her face up to the glass to check out the fish.


Mommy and Daddy liked the chance to cool off...You can tell from our faces that we're still a little sweaty!


After feeding Carys lunch in the aquarium, we roamed around to check out a few more animals.  I love that the exhibits at this zoo are all laid out to allow you to get really close to the animals.  Carys was able to see a lot of them because you don't have to hunt to find them.  Oh and did I mention our zoo is the home of this guy...

Jungle Jack Hanna helps add to the coolness!  

Checking out the monkeys with Dad - this is Carys's favorite way to see the world!


Scott surprised me with suggesting we stop at Graeter's for ice cream on the way home, something that I NEVER turn down, and then we just relaxed at home for the rest of the day.  It was perfect!  On Sunday, we went to the Weimer's and I'm so bummed that I didn't take any pictures.  It was a pretty chill afternoon, but we had a lot of fun.  We grilled and let the kids play in the pool and sprinkler (Jack).  We also spent a lot of time laughing at Jack as he entertained all of us.  He loved giving Carys hugs, but she wasn't too thrilled, which I'm sure her dad appreciated!  Monday was just more chillin at home.  After a week with a sick baby, I think this weekend was exactly what we needed.  I'm so thankful for our family of three and it doesn't matter what we do - I just love spending time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment