Friday, May 6, 2011

Our Favorite Vacation Spot

Kelly's Korner is one of the blogs I love to read and she is doing a link-up to share your favorite vacation spots.  So, if you are looking for ideas - head over there and check it out!  

Scott and I have done a lot of fun trips together, but last summer we made a trip to Bar Harbor, Maine with his parents and I have to say that was one of my favorite destinations.  We had an amazing time and I can't wait to go back again someday!  Acadia National Park is absolutely beautiful and Mt. Desert Island has some of the most charming seaside towns.  I know in the week we spent there we only scratched the surface of all there is to see and do.    

We stayed at The Red House.  It was just outside of Bar Harbor and we loved it!

 


 






We spent most of our time in Acadia hiking and biking.  Carys had her first birthday while we were there and looking back at these pictures I can't believe she was so little!  She was still my baby then - just mastering how to walk.  Now she's a crazy toddler that no longer walks, but runs everywhere!  

One of our first stops after we arrived was the local farmer's market, which I highly recommend, especially if you want lobster fresh from the lobster-man himself!  If you want to read about our first time cooking & eating (for me) lobster it's right here!  I also blogged about our adventures in more detail herehere, and here, so check those out if you are interested.  You can also leave a comment or shoot me an email if you have any questions!  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment