Thursday, July 15, 2010

Beach Babies

It was hot today, so for our playdate with Maryn, Jack and Claire, we decided to hit the beach.  It was fun and exhausting!!  I think Maryn and I packed enough for a week even though we were only there for a couple of hours.  The kids had a blast though.  We rigged a canopy for the girls using the strollers and a neat sheet.  I don't know how I don't have one of these yet.  Maryn brought two and they are exactly the kind of thing that I love. I have seen them before, but for some reason I never bought one.  Well that will be changing soon because they were perfect for the beach and definitely going on the shopping list!





These pictures were pretty much the only time these girls were sitting still.  Soon after, Carys decided she didn't want to sit and needed to check out the sand and Claire started diving all over for the toys.  I did squeeze in some lunch for Carys, and Maryn was able to take Jack for a quick swim though.


After her lunch, I took Carys down to the water.  When I put her down, she paused briefly to check out the sand under her feet and then she was off.  With me holding her hands, she walked right into the water all the way up to her chest before she decided it was deep enough.  I was so surprised that she walked out that far.  This kid loves the water!

After our swim we went to sit at the edge of the water and I got her bucket and shovel.  She had absolutely no interest in that though - unfortunately, she only wanted to eat the sand.  She got a big handful before I could stop her, and as I was trying to wash that off, she was grabbing another scoop with her other hand.  I can't imagine what could be so appealing about eating sand, but I could not get her to stop!  So, needless to say our stay next to the water was short lived.  She got a quick rinse and it was back to the blanket.  I guess we won't be building sand castles anytime soon!

We sat and watched Jack play while the girls tore into everything on the blanket that they could get their hands on!  Then we all went for another swim before deciding it was time to head home.  We had tons of fun, but everyone was ready for a nap (moms included), so we loaded up and headed out!

And this is how we roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment