Thursday, September 9, 2010

Birthday Celebration

Even though we were gone for Carys's actual birthday, we still wanted to celebrate the event with family and friends, so a couple of weekends ago we did just that!  Scott's mom and dad came down and helped us get ready.  I'm so thankful that they did too, because I know I couldn't have gotten everything done by myself!  

Scott was in charge of beverages and getting the outside cleaned.  He had some help getting ready too.  Bug loves to be wherever her daddy is, so here she is supervising the powerwashing of the deck!


"You missed a spot over there Dad"
Grandma Alice did a great job helping me decorate the kitchen! Even Grandpa Tom pitched in and helped roll the silverware!  I kept the food pretty easy, so that I didn't have to worry about cooking after everyone arrived.  We had pulled pork and pulled chicken sandwiches, cheesy potatoes, baked bean casserole and a cucumber salad.  My friend Tonya made the casserole, my Grandma brought the salad, and Alice helped me prepare everything else, so it made things nice & easy.  Not long after our guests arrived, we ate, had cake and Carys opened presents.  We had such a beautiful day for the party.  It was nice to be able actually to hang out outside.  After such a hot summer, we were thankful that even though it was a little hot in the sun, there was a nice breeze and you could stay cool in the shade.  



The Birthday girl - no party dress is complete without Uncle Hoon's hat!
Great Grandparents!
My Aunt Nancy and cousin Daniel
Great Grandma Mary, Grandpa Harold and girlfriend, Bev
Aunt Nancy & Uncle Jerry
Me & my girl
Unfortunately, I started making my rounds with the camera, got distracted halfway through, and never finished, so I missed half of our guests.  I've learned my lesson - next year I'll assign photography duty to someone else!  We were so thankful to have so many of our friends and family come help us celebrate - all of whom we love so much!
Making her rounds
Grandma Judy couldn't make it to the party, but she did sneak in a quick visit the day before to give Carys her present.  She loves her Dora ride-on and was sweet enough to share it with her friends.

Cake Time!







We had such a great day!  Carys had tons of fun playing with her friends and new toys.  We are so thankful that this little girl has so many wonderful people in her life that love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment