Sunday, September 18, 2011

Heading Home

After Harper was born, my doctor had originally thought that I would be able to go home on Thursday, but Thursday morning he decided I should stay until Friday and I will say that I was so glad!  I just wasn't quite ready to go home yet, and I didn't mind our quiet and calm room in the hospital.  So, we stayed an extra night and by Friday morning we were all ready to head home.  Scott had to head into work that morning to wrap up some stuff in preparation for taking the next week off, so Harper and I chilled that morning and waited for the doctors to make their rounds to release us.  I didn't mind having the morning to spend some one on one time with this sweet girl.


We finally got clearance from our doctors and had all the paperwork done to leave that afternoon, so Scott came back to pick us up and all head home together.  We were really excited to see Carys and get settled in at home.


After being in the chilly hospital for a few days, it was a little strange to come outside and feel the heat.  I remember it being the same way when we brought Carys home too.  It was a beautiful, sunny, HOT day!  The feelings we had of being completely overwhelmed and nervous about bringing Carys home and taking care of her by ourselves, weren't quite as bad this time.  I was feeling just a little more confident this time around about knowing what to do!  


And We're Home!!!!


Here's Harper soaking up some sunshine in the back yard. Of course Carys was excited to come outside and check her out!



My confidence in bringing Harper home also had a LOT to do with the fact that I knew Grandma and Grandpa would be around to help!  They were staying for the weekend and even Uncle Hoon and Brooke were able to stop by and chill with all of us.  Carys loves when everyone is over, so she was extra happy to have a house full of family to play with her!



I'm so thankful for my family.  We had everyone pitching in to help with Carys and even helping to get the house ready and organized for us to come home.  So, Mom J, Lynnette, Lisa, Mom A, Dad T, David and Brooke - Thank you so much for helping us get through this transition!  It means the world to us that you were right there with us during this special time and we love you so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment